I just got home from a three day trip from London to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere and it was wonderful! In this post I will share my favorite instagram spots, restaurants and more.
Prettiest instagram spots
London is pure magic during the Holidays, especially since most places go the extra mile with their Christmas decoration. These are the spots that I find prettiest during the Holidays, the perfect backdrop for your next instagram picture!
- Harrods: We all know Harrods as one of the biggest department stores in London. It’s the perfect place to go when it rains, since you’ll be able to spend some hours inside. Both outside as inside they did an amazing job on the Holiday decoration. When it’s dark outside the facade looks enchanting!
- Annabel’s: This fancy restaurant/bar is making a statement every year with their enormous Christmas tree on their facade. The bigger, the better!
- Regent Street: For me this shopping street has the prettiest lights in London. It’s pure magic to stroll around the boutiques while the angels light up.
- Ice rink at the Natural History Museum: Skating around a huge Christmas tree with the beautiful building of the Natural History Museum as backdrop, it doesn’t get more magical!
- Covent Garden: Covent Garden is one of my favorite places in London for both shopping and eating. During the Holiday season there are cute spots at every corner. A must-visit!
Where to eat
- Bar Boulud: Located in Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, this restaurant stands out for the excellent service of the staff! It’s the perfect place to unwind after a busy day of shopping or sight seeing. Enjoy French food in a relaxed dinner setting.
- Wahaca: If you’re looking for a quick and delicious bite, Wahaca is the place to be. With restaurants all over London it’s easy to find. Serving mexican food such as taco’s and burrito’s in a vibrant atmosphere
- Elan Café: One of my favorite spots in London for lunch or something sweet. The interior is super instagrammable but next to that the food is very tasty!
Where to sleep
During this trip I stayed at Park Plaza London Waterloo. The location was perfect, close to a metro station and walking distance from the London Eye and Covent Garden. The hotel’s design is stylish and elegant with modern and spacious rooms. If you want to book a room, check out the website.